1. Prepare soil by removing rocks, weeds and debris. Till the soil to a depth of 4-6”(as best you can)
2. Level/grade - level ground to be sodded
- keep surface approximately 1” below walks/driveways
3. Apply an even layer of ferilizer (10-20-10) as recommended by manufacturer then rake lightly.
4. Lay the sod- lay a strip of sod in a straight line keeping joints tight but not overlapped, lay a second strip staggering the joint to the first (like bricks).
5. Roll sod to ensure good ground conact between roots and soil
6. Water- 1st week-keep the sod soil moist (3x daily)
7. Irrigate – keep sod and soil moist for 2 to 3 weeks to help the edges to knit and roots to become established
- Mow as needed, never cutting more than 1/3 of grass height.
- Water as needed
- Fertilize as needed (keep childern and pets off fertilized grass to prevent skin irritation/burn etc as per manufacturer rec.) Despite the instructions on the box - it's better to fertilize LESS.
Any further questions? We can help.. contact us here>